Gerardo is admitted to practice law in Mexico since 2006. He has more than fifteen years of experience advising foreign and domestic investors doing business in Mexico. He has participated in several transactions of stock, asset and real property purchase and sale agreements, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions among others. Additionally, he has represented various companies with the preparation, negotiation and review of all sorts of contracts, likewise with Real Estate, Mining, Financial, Banking, Foreign Investment, Immigration and Industrial Property matters, as well as due diligence processes thereof.
During 2012 Gerardo worked with Fox, Horan & Camerini, LLP in New York City, where he participated in a number of cross-border transactions and regulatory matters in the United States and Latin America.
Before founding the Firm, Gerardo worked in DRB Abogados (2010-2011), Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enríquez. (2006-2010), Pfizer México (interim 2009) and Becker & Becker Abogados (2004-2006).
Some of the companies that Gerardo has represented in relevant transactions are the following:
- McCormick,In the provision of legal services related to corporate governance and corporate maintenance of the company, performance of internal due diligence procedures, and execution of services, retail, lease, storage, import and export, purchase and sale agreements.
- BioTe Medical, In the preparation and execution of documents involving the daily basis transactions of the company in Mexico including: i) services, manufacture, sale and purchase, non-disclosure, professional services, and joint venture agreements; and ii) corporate documentation of the company pursuant to internal codes, regulations and national legislation.
- Grupo Constructor Piramide, In the performance of a due diligence procedure related to several real estate properties located across Mexico for the development of various projects, as well as in the negotiation preparation and execution of: i) trust agreements; ii) promise of purchase and sale agreements involving real estate; iii) purchase and sale of real estate agreements; and iv) incorporation of several special purpose vehicles and all corporate acts involving their operation.
- Foss México, In a due diligence procedure to determine the key issues and improvement areas of the company; preparation and execution of the necessary documentation and agreements for the implementation of a healthy corporate governance and corporate restructure of the company.
- AirtMéxico, S.A. de C.V., In the performance of a due diligence procedure; preparation of a strategy involving the corporate and capital restructure of the company, as well as in the reviewal and preparation of: i) share purchase agreements; ii) shareholders meeting minutes; iii) new share certificates; and iv) administrative notifications to the corresponding governmental authorities.
Teaching and Publications
Gerardo has been an adjunct professor of Law at the Irish Institute. He is currently an adjunct professor and collaborates at the post-graduate degree diploma in Real Estate and Tourism Law with the ITAM. He is a professor of Legal English and the Seminar of Negotiation in the Master of Laws offered by the Universidad Anáhuac (Mexico City) since 2015.
As part of his continuous legal training and constant updating in his professional practice, he frequently attends different forums, conferences and seminars specialized in real estate and foreign investment in Mexico with various organizations, such as ITAM, the US-Mexico Bar Association, AMEXCAP and the US-Mexico Law Institute.
Gerardo has participated in the publication of specialized articles on legal subjects regarding corporate governance, internal-policy compliance and real estate law. Likewise, he is a contributor of the book Real Estate Law: Select Topics and Sector Perspectives, by Editorial Porrúa and ITAM.
Gerardo obtained his Law degree (JD/LL.B. equivalent) from Universidad Anáhuac (Mexico City) in 2006. He also obtained a Master of Business Administration at the Graduates School of Business Management (EGADE) of the Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey (TEC) in 2011.
In 2008 he obtained a post-graduate degree diploma (Diplomado) in Business Law from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM). In 2015 he obtained an specialization post graduate degree in Commercial Law at the Escuela Libre de Derecho (Mexico City) and in 2017 he coursed the Management Skills Perfecting Program “D-1” by the Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresas (IPADE).
Gerardo is a Spanish native speaker and is fluent in English and versant in French.