Mauricio is admitted to practice Law in Mexico since 2015. He started his professional career working in Civil and Commercial Litigation, and later focused on Criminal and Amparo Litigation. He currently has more than eight years of experience in Environmental matters and in Administrative and Constitutional Litigation, advising foreign and local clients.
His expertise includes strengths in Environmental and Urban Development matters, as well as in administrative proceedings, and Nullity and Amparo Trials. He also assists clients with due diligence matters for local and cross-border transactions.
Mauricio also supports and undertakes Pro-Bono activities through strategic litigation on behalf of victims of Human Rights violations.
Before joining the Firm, Mauricio worked in Pontones & Ledesma, S.C. (2014-2017) and in Requena Abogados, S.C. (2013-2014).
Some of the companies that Mauricio has represented in relevant matters and transactions are the following:
- Akazia Capital Partners, in environmental and regulatory legal due diligence in the context of the acquisition of a maquila complex comprising seven industrial facilities in Matamoros, Tamaulipas.
- Pfizer, in general advice on environmental, water, and regulatory matters, including administrative litigation.
- Unilever, in general advice on environmental, water, and regulatory matters.
- Law degree (JD/LL.B. equivalent) – Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (2015).
- Diploma in Environmental Law – Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México in cooperation with Universidad de Extremadura (2017).
- LL.M. in International Human Rights – Northwestern University, Pritzker School of Law (2021).
Mauricio is a Spanish native speaker and is fluent in English.