Real Estate & Hospitality
The Firm represents an array of investors, both domestic and foreign, including developers, construction companies and funds with real estate portfolios and investments in all areas of the real estate business in Mexico: industrial, commercial (including offices, retail and tourism-hotel deals/hospitality) and residential.
Among other transactions and services, we have experience providing legal advice and support in the following matters:
- Acquisition, disposition, financing and leasing of real estate assets in Mexico, including sale and leasebacks among other types of structures, together with the review of the tax effects resulting from such transactions.
- Negotiation and implementation of various titles governing real estate (granting of use), such as long-term lease agreements and structuring of different terms for the purchase and sale and development of real properties, including trust (fideicomiso) agreements, promise and escrow agreements.
- Structuring of owner-property regimes for different uses (including mixed-uses), as well as legal advice for the construction, supervision and development of real properties in Mexico.
- Legal due diligence and structuring for the acquisition and disposition of real estate distressed assets, as well as the separation of real properties from the agrarian regime and compliance with various regulatory covenants, such as land use and zoning and environmental, among others.
- Joint ventures and M&A transactions with real estate and infrastructure components.
- Negotiation of title insurance policies and escrow transactions.
Hand in hand with our environmental, regulatory and corporate practices, our experience and synergies with the different professionals and technicians who participate in the real estate business (such as notary publics, brokers, appraisers, surveyors, trustees and title insurers, as well as environmental consultants and laboratories) allow us to react in a timely and consistent manner on every real estate transaction.