Our Intellectual Property Team actively collaborates with our clients in the design, protection, enforcement and maintenance of their creations and distinctive signs within commerce, as well as for author’s rights, which are essential for their business success.
Our lawyers’ deep intellectual and industrial property knowledge and business acumen allows them to deliver efficient results for our clients’ competitive markets.
Our intellectual property practice includes:
- Phonetic and complex searches, technical advice and IP registrations:
- We perform technical searches in the state of the art and distinctive signs, as well as legal opinions on intellectual property rights registrability, crucial to our client’s business development. Likewise, we handle the registration procedures of patents, trademarks, author’s rights and domain names, including maintenance, annuity payments, renewals and use declarations in accordance with the Mexican Industrial Property Law.
- In addition, we work with a global network of associates located in the U.S.A. and Canada, Central and South America, The Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia, handling the registration, protection and enforcement of our domestic and foreign client’s rights.
- Administrative and Criminal litigation
- We provide legal assistance and representation to our clients in administrative procedures for infringement, nullity, cancellation and foreclosure, as well as in crimes for trademark counterfeiting, trade secrets and author’s rights before the specialized authorities. In this connection and collaborating with the Litigation Practice of the firm, we file actions and defend our clients against damages claims through civil litigation until the end of the trial, foreseeing all the related procedural steps.
- Linking with Life Sciences, Pharma and Biotechnology
- Our practice specializes in the integral attention to our clients in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, keeping watch notices on medical gazettes and information treatment used by authorities, patent extensions and generic pharmaceuticals.