Jaime is partner at Ibarra, del Paso y Gallego, S.C., in charge of the Labor and Employment (L&E) practice of the Firm. He has more than 14 years of experience handling L&E matters, advising national and international companies in several topics related to labor laws in Mexico.
Prior to his incorporation as partner of the Firm, Jaime was a member of prestigious international firms, leading their L&E practices in Mexico, such as Holland & Knight and Jones Day
- Some of the matters and relevant transactions in which Jaime has advised and represented different companies are the following:
- A pharmaceutical company in an internal compliance investigation that led to negotiating the termination of the executive director for Mexico.
- A railroad company in an employee restructure, involving massive layoffs.
- An ATM company in an internal investigation derived from whistleblower’s information; the investigation derived in the layoff of several employees.
- An investment bank in a call for strike and negotiate the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement with the labor union.
- An aerospace manufacturing company in high executives employment complaints in Mexico, with favorable results in litigation.
- A pharmaceutical company in employment litigations in Mexico with a high rate of success.
- An international health company on the acquisition of businesses for US$6.1 billion in cash.
- A company (on a confidential and non-disclosure basis) in the US$3.2 billion sale of a specialty chemical affiliate to a global manufacturer of high technology plating solutions.
*Jaime participated in these transactions prior to joining Ibarra, del Paso y Gallego, S.C.
Adrián obtained his Law degree (JD/LL.B. equivalent) from Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro in 2008. He obtained a Master Degree in Corporations Law from Universidad Panamericana (with honors) in 2017.
Adrián is a Spanish native speaker, and is fluent in English.
Adrián is a professor of Environmental Law of the post-graduate degree in Real Estate Law at the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM).
He has co-authored various publications on environmental matters; most notably:
- “Amendments Extend General Standing to Challenge Authorized Projects”, International Law Office, July 2011 (www.internationallawoffice.com); and
- “Business and the Environment: A Legal Overview for Investors in Mexico”, North American Free Trade & Investment Report, March 2008, volume 18 No. 5 (www.wtexecutive.com) and Latin American Law & Business Report, March 2008, volume 16 No. 3.
Adrián is a first-generation member of the Lawyers’ Association for the Environment (Colegio de Abogados por el Ambiente).
United States – Mexico Chamber of Commerce, Northeast Chapter.
T. +52 (55) 5202-0717