Jaime has more than fifteen years of experience handling L&E matters, advising national and international companies in several topics related to labor laws in Mexico. Jaime works hand-in-hand with the transactional areas of the Firm in the assessment of labor contingencies and mitigation of related risks in M&A and asset-acquisition contexts. As a seasoned litigator, Jaime is also a member of the Firm’s Dispute Resolution Practice steering different sorts of labor litigation matters, both individual and collective.
Prior to his incorporation as a partner of the Firm, Jaime was a member of prestigious international firms, leading their L&E practices in Mexico, such as Holland & Knight and Jones Day.
Jaime’s practice includes the advisory oriented to the prevention of all sorts of labor contingencies, individual and collective-bargain agreements, creation, registration and operation of joint committees, profit sharing, employer substitution, expat-hiring working in Mexico and/or assigned overseas, attention to inspections from the Ministry of Labor and Employment, strategies related to the transfer of personnel in mergers, acquisitions and spin-offs. Likewise, Jaime has advised multinational and domestic companies in the termination and rescission of labor agreements, preparation and enforcement of confidentiality and non-compete agreements, as well as in the review, updating and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures, such as the Mexican Standard 35 (NOM 35) on workplace stress regulation, sexual harassment, non-discrimination and whistleblowing, among other topics.
Some of the matters and relevant transactions in which Jaime has advised and represented different companies are the following:
- Universal Pictures Mexico, the Mexican branch of NBC Universal, on day to day labor & employment matters.
- Mizuho Bank Mexico, the Mexican banking unit of Mizuho Financial Group and one of the largest financial services companies in Japan, on day to day labor & employment matters.
- Agua de México, a water management concessionaire company, on day to day labor & employment matters.
- Lottus Capital Fund‘s subsidiaries in Mexico, Universidad de las Tres Culturas (“UTC”) and Universidad Latinoamericana, in different labor litigation procedures in different jurisdictions throughout the Mexican Republic.
- Trax Retail, the world leader in computer vision solutions and image recognition technology for the retail and consumer goods sectors, on all matters related to hiring of the personnel for its Mexican subsidiary, as well as on day to day labor & employment matters.
Jaime obtained his Law degree (JD/LL.B. equivalent) from Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro in 2008. He obtained a Masters Degree in Corporations Law from Universidad Panamericana (with honors) in 2017.
Likewise, during 2010 he added to his experience the Diploma in Human Rights.
In 2020, Jaime became a member of the first generation of Harvard Law School’s Executive Education “Smart Collaboration” Master Class, lectured by Heidi K. Gardner.
Jaime is a Spanish native speaker and is fluent in English.
Jaime teaches Procedural Labor Law at Universidad Anahuac México.
Jaime is a member of the AMEDIRH (Human Resources Directors Association).
T. +52 (55) 5202-0717