Gerardo is admitted to practice law in Mexico since 2006. He has more than fifteen years of experience advising foreign and domestic investors doing business in Mexico. He has participated in several transactions of stock, asset and real property purchase and sale agreements, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions among others. Additionally, he has represented various companies with the preparation, negotiation and review of all sorts of contracts, likewise with Real Estate, Mining, Financial, Banking, Foreign Investment, Immigration and Industrial Property matters, as well as due diligence processes thereof.
During 2012 Gerardo worked with Fox, Horan & Camerini, LLP in New York City, where he participated in a number of cross-border transactions and regulatory matters in the United States and Latin America.
Some of the companies that Gerardo has represented in relevant transactions are the following:
- Banco Mexicano de Comercio Exterior (International Trade Mexican Bank, “BANCOMEXT”), in connection with corporate and real estate due diligence, as well as negotiation of related aspects of secured financings for the development of industrial/infrastructure projects in México, D.F. and Baja California.
- BTS Development, in connection with its $25 million dollar secured financing obtained from the Mexican Government (through BANCOMEXT) for the development of industrial and retail projects in Mexico.
- Fidelity National Title de México, with protection of personal data matters.
- Grupo Marhnos, in connection with the negotiation of a US$1billion dollar joint venture with Prudential Real Estate Investors to develop industrial properties in Mexico, as well as advice and implementation of corporate governance policies.
- Grupo Radio Formula, in connection with the real estate due diligence, legal regularization and implementation of transactions for their 100+ properties portfolio around Mexican territory.
- IGS, in connection with the negotiation and legal implementation of joint ventures with its international business partners of the real estate industry for the development and investments in real property in Mexico.
- Inspired Gaming Group Limited, in connection with the documentation of guaranties for a £50 million pound credit facility for its Mexican subsidiary, as well as with corporate and contract matters for the startup of Inspired Gaming Mexico.
- Prodemex, in the negotiation and legal implementation of M&A transactions for the acquisition of infrastructure assets in the State of Durango.
- Pfizer Mexico, prior to the foundation of the Firm, as Coordinator of the Legal Department for the Latin America and Caribbean region in connection with different license and distribution agreements, as well as sundry corporate matters. Currently with corporate, contracts and foreign investment matters.
- State Bank of India, in connection with its real estate secured financing and refinancing to Acerlan (Matrix Metals’ Mexican Subsidiary).
- High net worth families and individuals in the acquisition, disposition, and management of real properties, both for investment and for estate planning purposes.
Gerardo obtained his Law degree (JD/LL.B. equivalent) from Universidad Anáhuac (Mexico City) in 2006. He also obtained a Master of Business Administration at the Graduates School of Business Management (EGADE) of the Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey (TEC) in 2011.
In 2008 he obtained a post-graduate degree diploma (Diplomado) in Business Law from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM). In 2015 he obtained an specialization post graduate degree in Commercial Law at the Escuela Libre de Derecho (Mexico City) and in 2017 he coursed the Management Skills Perfecting Program “D-1” by the Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresas (IPADE).
As part of his continuous legal training and constant updating in his professional practice, he frequently attends different forums, conferences and seminars specialized in real estate and foreign investment in Mexico with various organizations, such as ITAM, the US-Mexico Bar Association, AMEXCAP and the US-Mexico Law Institute.
Gerardo has participated in the publication of specialized articles on legal subjects regarding corporate governance, internal-policy compliance and real estate law. Likewise, he is a contributor of the book Real Estate Law: Select Topics and Sector Perspectives, by Editorial Porrúa and ITAM.