Adrián is admitted to practice law in Mexico since 2004. He has more than fourteen years of experience representing clients in his areas of practice.
Before founding the Firm, Adrián worked in Barrera, Siqueiros y Torres Landa (2009-2011), Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enríquez (2007-2009) and Burguete, Célis y Asociados (2004-2005).
Some of the companies that Adrián has represented in relevant transactions are the following:
- Banco Mexicano de Comercio Exterior (International Trade Mexican Bank, “BANCOMEXT”), in connection with agrarian and real estate due diligence, including regularization/legalization related advice, as well as negotiation of related aspects of secured financings for the development of industrial/infrastructure projects in Manzanillo, Colima.
- Disagro, in the review and advice on agrarian and real estate matters in transactions pertaining to real estate properties in Mexico.
- Environmental Defense Fund, in the lobbying, negotiation and support before Mexico’s Federal Ministry of the Environment and Natural Resources (Secretaría de Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales “SEMARNAT”) for the obtainment of its approval to further obtain the authorization to receive tax-deductible donations from Mexico’s Tax Administration Service.*
- Encontrack, on the review, diagnosis and abidance of protection of personal data legislation. Encontrack, na revisão, diagnóstico e cumprimento da legislação de dados pessoais.
- Grupo Marhnos, in the negotiation of the environmental clauses of the transactional documents pertaining to the JV recently entered into with Prudential Real Estate Investments Latin America.
- Instituto para la Protección al Ahorro Bancario (Institute for the Protection of Banking Savings “IPAB”), in the legal environmental due diligence of real estate distressed assets for their disposition.
- Jafra Cosmetics International, in environmental and regulatory matters in preparation for the divestment of one of its industrial facilities in Mexico, among other transactions.
- Merck/Schering Plough, in several environmental matters of their industrial facilities in Mexico.*
- MSD Animal Health, in EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) matters of one of its industrial facilities in Mexico.
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund, in environmental and real estate matters of some of its real estate portfolios and transactions in Mexico.*
- Pfizer, in environmental, water, real estate and regulatory matters in connection with some of its industrial facilities and business projects in Mexico.
*Adrián participated in these transactions prior to founding Ibarra, del Paso, Gallego y Berezowsky, S.C.
Adrián obtained his Law degree (JD/LL.B. equivalent) from Universidad Iberoamericana (Mexico City) in 2004. He obtained a Master Degree in Environmental Policy and Management from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Madrid, Spain) in 2006.
In addition, in 2005 he obtained a post-graduate degree diploma in Environmental Law and Natural Resources from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) and a post-graduate degree diploma in Real Estate and Tourism Law from the same institution in 2009.
Adrián is a Spanish native speaker, is fluent in English and versant in Portuguese.
Adrián is a professor of Environmental Law of the post-graduate degree in Real Estate Law at the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM).
He has co-authored various publications on environmental matters; most notably:
- “Amendments Extend General Standing to Challenge Authorized Projects”, International Law Office, July 2011 (www.internationallawoffice.com); and
- “Business and the Environment: A Legal Overview for Investors in Mexico”, North American Free Trade & Investment Report, March 2008, volume 18 No. 5 (www.wtexecutive.com) and Latin American Law & Business Report, March 2008, volume 16 No. 3.
Adrián is a first-generation member of the Lawyers’ Association for the Environment (Colegio de Abogados por el Ambiente).
United States – Mexico Chamber of Commerce, Northeast Chapter.